In the moments you linger on this page let us whet your appetite with what we are dreaming of....
We dream to be a church that:
* Is passionate about God - where the fire of God is not quenched by man. Where passion for God flows in our veins in every area of our lives....where we are a grateful not a grumbling community....where worship reverberates because of an understanding of God's glory, gospel, grace and presence in our lives....where passion for God is translated into living passionately for God rather than inspiidly or timidely for Him. This is a journey, yes, but passion for God is the only outcome of being transformed by His truth and set on fire by His Spirit!
* Love one another - number one complaint of un-saved people is that they have been put off God by Christians. Lets face this fact, we need to RE-PRESENT Him well. At the core of this is to love one another fully and unconditionally. We want to hate what God hates. We hate gossip. We hate slander. We hate divisiveness. They are never justifiable. We want to love what God loves. He loves His people and plan, He loves the people in the world, and He wants us to love one another! 1 Corinthians 13 written into the fabric of every believer at Liberty, evidenced in genuine love, is what we are dreaming and pursuing.....
* Is about God's mission not our own - by God's mission we mean His call to seek out and save, heal, restore, teach, love, help, serve and bring God's liberty to the world around us. We dream of a church that is moving in this 7 days of the week. Its so easy to fall into the trap that makes life all about us and to just use God rather than to be about His work and mission for His glory and fame. That is our ambition to see what the Father is doing and join Him, revival in our land!
* Values and mobilises every member - God's church is equipped for works of service. This is how we are effective and also part of how we grow in maturity too. We believe that we are all in 'full-time ministry' whether we are working as a builder, teacher, nurse, architect or plumber. We don't go with a secular-sacred divide, neither do we like fancy titles or hierarchies in church. We like people to be themselves, being restored by grace and truth to be whom and what God made them to be and do. We value servant-heartedness. We see how Jesus served with a towel around His waist and how he served us by laying down His won life. We want to glorify God by serving God in the big things and the small things...an ordinary people with an extraordinary God!
* Allows God to build His church, His way, with His Word and Spirit - Jesus Christ is the Head of the church, not man. We dream of a church that is so tangibly what GOD Himself is building. We dream of a church of both Word and Spirit, one river flowing, and bringing LIBERTY to captives (Isaiah 61). We desire to be a church that responds to God's own leading on what to do and how to build, revealed in His Word and emphasised by His Spirit. We desire to let the river of God cut His own course and then seek to follow Him and build on the banks of the Holy Spirit's river. He desires us to use the means of grace that He has given us for edification and proclamation: His Word, baptism, the breaking of bread and fervent prayer and to build upon no other foundation than Christ and Him crucified and raised again.
"Vision is a picture of the future that produces passion"